Authoring DVD Slideshows?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 11 04:21:50 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:
> >
> > I will take Apple seriously when it makes a comparable priced machine
> > with comparable features.
>
> What, you mean poor build quality, ridiculous weight, measly battery
> life and crappy ergonomics? ;-)

Yeah...  There's certainly some premium paid on Apple hardware, but
that doesn't fall from it being inferior.

The PowerBooks strike me as being a bit overpriced, tho I suppose I am
not assessing enough of a premium value for the titanium, perhaps.
The iBooks don't appear *vastly* lordly overpriced, and are very
nicely engineered.

The iMacs have a premium price; I'm not sure how to evaluate the value
of the premium associated with them fitting the hardware into the LCD
screen.

The PowerMac G5's strike me as being rather overpriced, mind you...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)