Intranet FTP up and running

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 10 19:16:43 UTC 2005

Paul King wrote:
> Thanks to all who helped out.
>
> It turns out that there may have been a problem in configuring the
> router. Since I can't seem to find the manual to reset it and get the
> preconfigured username and password I am now using a newer router I had
> lying around waiting to be used.

It is, usually, possible to find standard, factory set usernames and
passwords by using google. Many would be surprised by learning how many
companies use them ;) Once I had a problem while working for one
company: I wanted to connect with the outside world by using SSH. Well,
there was no way to get out: the router blocked port 22. I wanted to
change its configuration but the response was: what for do you need it?
;) Well.. after some thinking about the situation I decided to not
bother them anymore: just found out the factory set password and did
changes...