Authoring DVD Slideshows?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 10 17:33:13 UTC 2005

Have you looked at the Mac platform?

Macs include an application suite called iLife that includes iPhoto
(software that organizes your photos and allows some retouching).

 From iPhoto I can send selected photos to iDVD (DVD authoring software)
though I've never personally used it.

I've used iMovie instead to send edited DV Video to iDVD. And I've
burned DVDs with iDVD.

Only problems I've had were older TV sets in Italy unable to sync to the
NTSC frame rate. European DVD players although they pay attention to the
region code will convert NTSC colour to PAL colour. And modern TV sets
are multisync. Thats explains why if you connect an NTSC camcorder to a
TV set in Italy you will probably get a black and white picture.

BTW, there is a Philips DVD player which you can hack to set the region
to zero. Originally set to region 1, it will now play region 2 DVDs.
Haven't tested it with DVDs from other regions.