Linux still largely invisible in the marketplace

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 9 01:12:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Stewart Sinclair wrote:

>> Yes, but one would have to become a politician to pull that one off imho.
>>
> Most politicians are lawyers.  Haven't you noticed?

They must have moved on to the next (lower) level then.

> When engineers and mechanics can approach politics without fear and without
> personal ego needs there will be real changes.  Until then the whole show
> will continue to go to hell in a bucket.

Imho that would require the unwashed masses (of voters) to replace
belief (in false promises repeated over and over) with rationality. But
that, in turn, would require the unwashed masses to stop being unwashed
masses. And *that* would require an educational system that would
educate them in this direction. I can see a problem here (and I can tell
you that the communist education system used in former Eastern European
countries, which tried to do this up to a point, was a failure out of
this point of view).

Peter