Linux still largely invisible in the marketplace

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 9 00:44:19 UTC 2005

Jamon Camisso wrote:
> I can't remember where exactly I heard it (some linux radio podcast of
> some sort back in the summer) but the idea of coolness definitely enters
> as one reason that Linux is having a hard time catching on. For a lot of
> people (specifically friends, family, professors) who have upgraded to
> Windows XP, their first response was how cool it seemed comared to
> 98/2000. Mac users -- same thing. But apart from being cool within a
> rather closed (or small, whichever you prefer) community i.e. Slackware
> cooler than X distro etc., Linux is not regarded as something cool to
> use or do with your computer.

I disagree. I am so tired of XP that I love when I boot into Ubuntu's
Gnome Display Manager, and am able to try so many different themes, and
modify the taskbar to show anything I please! :-)

-Steve.
--
Thunderbird :: Reclaim your Inbox :: getthunderbird.com
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org