Linux still largely invisible in the marketplace

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 21:34:55 UTC 2005

Linux is still behind Windows on the desktop. The general public
perception of computer novices IMHO is still that Windows is the only
game in town. When I say novices I mean non graphics, non computer
literate anything. Look at CNN which could be using Macromedia,
Quicktime, MPG, chooses to use Microsoft. Why? I don't know. Lou Dobbs
on Moneyline is always shaking his head in favor of the underdog. Some
perception actually exists that Microsoft is the underdog in the US over
big business as we used to know it (IBM).
RickT