The benefits of having an incorporation [was Re:Incorporation redux]

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 17:15:16 UTC 2005

Ian Zimmerman <nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > The one thing that makes me happiest about the move to drupal is that we can
> > connect the forums and the mailing lists.  So dinosaurs like me can continue
> > to use mailing lists to communicate while others can use the forums (blech).
>
> I can't test it right now (writing from work), but I'll be curious to know
> how well this gateway works.

I'll let you (and the list) know how it works out.  We don't have it set up
yet but should in a few days.

> You can see the kind of trouble I mean by reading the mailing lists
> corresponding to the gnu.* usenet subtree.  Threads are broken all the time
> because the gateway seems to rewrite the Message-Id headers of posts done
> through the mailing list.

You're talking about a usenet<->mailing list gateway?  That seems to be a bug
in the gateway (or the listmanager or some people's mail clients), then.
There should be lots of clues about the thread in people's e-mails.

TTYL,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20