a second hand computer or mother board around?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 06:24:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 05:48:37 -0500
James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> >> I'm certain His Billyness will be happy to hear that!  ;-)
> >
> > I must have missed a message somewhere but thanks :-)
> >
> > But shouldn't Howard's mother have the final say ?:-)

   I suppose she does, except that I don't have any Windows install media.

   I am trying to be funny.  Laugh, dammit!

   Mom has a computer that works, a firewall that works, two office suites with a high level of Windows interoperability, and another word processor and another spreadsheet.  If she wants to be a terrorist about grammar and language, she can learn LaTeX, although I don't think she knows this.  She can allow grandchildren on the computer without massive supervision, because they cannot damage anyting.

   If there is a problem, she has the install media, although I would probably have to help her.
--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org