TLUG and government grants

Stephen Allen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 21:14:58 UTC 2005

On 12/7/2005 billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:
> I believe that was what William was doing when you started attacking
> him.

I'm following this thread with interest -- I've only been a member of
this list since 1998-99 so not long.

I didn't see any attack on William Park, what I have seen is you being
somewhat defensive, and William attacking, rather than answering
questions posed.

I wonder what kind of mandate the board of GTLUG really has in terms of
TLUG. I have always understood that being a member of the TLUG e-mail
list, gave one default membership in TLUG. If this is so, (and please
correct if me if I'm wrong), I don't recall ever being asked to vote, on
whether or not I wished TLUG to incorporate, much less change names to
GTALUG, and I certainly never voted on membership levels being
determined by paying a membership fee. Hence only paid members being
able to vote for directors/board.

So where did this mandate come from -- Did the majority of the members
on this list vote for GTALUG and it's board ? Was there a public call
for a vote or consensus ?

I hope I didn't miss it if there was ...