Novell will (continue to) support KDE after all

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 19:37:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 02:30:05PM -0500, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The last time I had to change my gas filter in the car I went to Canadian Tire and asked to buy a gas filter. I was led to the 'gas filter isle' where I counted 143 different types of gas filters and none of which were for my car. I had to special order mine. So if if non-technical end users can put up with 143 different designs for a coffee filtered sealed in a can they can put up with any duplicating effort.

Of course only one of them fits your car, so it isn't as if you have a
choice because there are 143 different types for sale.

You can pick any desktop you want on linux including none.  You have
choices so you have to make a decision.  The fuel filter involved no
research, experimenting, and decision making, simply a 'I need that
one'.

Lennart Sorensen