TLUG and government grants

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 05:08:15 UTC 2005

William Park wrote:

>TLUG is holding no one prisoner.

See below.

>Those who want Evan's vision can follow Evan.

I'm not offering an alternate vision. Stop deflecting.

>TLUG used to be just mailing list and monthly meetings.  That will stay the same.  GTALUG is just a formal layer created on top of that.

That's not quite being honest about the situation.

There is no TLUG website anymore, it has been hijacked by GTALUG to
peddle memberships and DSL service. Indeed, right there on the top page
of tlug.ss.org, it says:

"Hello and welcome to GTALUG (formerly known as TLUG)"

This is no "formal layer on top of" the old TLUG website. It indicates
that TLUG has been subsumed into GTALUG with no separate TLUG site (and
certainly without any mandate).

IMO, GTALUG is indeed holding the TLUG website prisoner; it has denied
the presence of a TLUG website distinct from GTALUG.

- Evan