anonymous FTP

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 04:27:46 UTC 2005

I have a need to transfer archived files via FTP between machines at
home. I have the FTP directory set up on one machine. Under /ftp/pub are
a collection of archived files which I have kept over the years. The
host machine is running FC3, and the client machine is running FC4.

I have ensured that the vsftp daemon is running, and that the machines
can "see" each other. I can contact the FC3 machine through my web
browser.

However, what is happening is that I can log on to the remote machine,
but as soon as I do an "ls" or a file transfer I get an error "no route
to host". Any ideas what is going on?

Paul King