OT: motherboards with ULI chipsets

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 6 06:32:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:10:28AM -0500, Meng Cheah wrote:
> William Park wrote:
> >No experience.  Just what I read.  It's from ULi company, definitely
> >child of ALi, but I've read that it's joint venture between AMD and ALi.
> >They put "northbridge" and "southbridge" into single chip.
>
> Thanks. I've an old empty case with power supply.
> Thinking and looking at either going the S754 + Sempron way or a laptop.
> Any cheap integrated board with video that you recommend/suggest?

How about
    - Abit KV-81 -- it has Gblan.
    - Asus K8V-MX
They go for about $75 (www.infonec.com).

> How was the $699 Acer TravelMate 2312LCi you checked out?
> I remember you weren't too impressed.
> Can it handle Linux?
> Did you try it out with Knoppix?

No, I decided against laptop (it's SiS based, so should be supported by
Linux).  Instead, I bought Antec Minuet case, and drilled and bolted a
handle on the case.  So, I can now carry it like briefcase.  :-)

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell