a second hand computer or mother board around?

marius anarcap-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 6 02:32:36 UTC 2005

On 12/5/05, Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >>I'm sure Howard meant that he decided to do Bill G's bidding and
> >>deleted the pirated version of Win98 on it and replaced it with a
> >>Penguin.
> >

> I must have missed a message somewhere but thanks :-)
>
> But shouldn't Howard's mother have the final say ?:-)

I don't know what Howard's mom is using the PC for, but my experience
has been that most "light" computer users don't care about the OS as
long as they can "do their thing".

I had my gf running OpenBSD for a while. She didn't care which OS was
on the machine as long as she could get on the web, check her email
and view whatever video/sound/picture files her friends sent. Later I
moved her to FC3 because she needed to be able to open and edit MS
Office documents.

//mts