TLUG and government grants

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 5 19:54:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:01:10PM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> William Park wrote:
>
> >For those of you who have more vested interested in this
> >kind of things, perhaps, you may want to start something
> >under GTALUG
> >Inc.  You have my support at the board. :-)
> >

> Recycling discussions aside, here's a novel suggestion.
>
> Rather than GTALUG coming up with ideas that it would
> like other people to do, why doesn't it offer to the
> community some initiatives that _it_ wants to do?

I believe I did exactly that.  If you want use GTALUG Inc as (Linux) NPO
umbrella, then you have my support at the board.

> Instead
> of enviously eyeing the existing programs of others, why
> not come up with some fresh ones? The skills to apply for
> grant programs like Trillium exist on this list, but
> first you need an original project to fund.
>
> Last time I looked, "punting leadership of the community
> to vested interests" didn't appear anywhere within the
> GTALUG manifesto.

Evan, my post was just an idea for those looking for ways to get some
Gov money.  Whether the project is under GTALUG or CLUE, is least of my
concern.

The project needs to be run by someone who can naviagate the Gov grant
system, as well as organize incoming/outgoing of computer parts.  All
I'm saying is, that's not me.  But, I'll help from my side of thing, as
best as I can.

If you and CLUE have idea that you'll like to share with the rest of
Linux community, then I'll work with you.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell