a second hand computer or mother board around?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 4 23:45:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:21:53 -0500
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:13:41PM -0500, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> >
> > Soon, I will find myself in a situation without computer available for
> > use from home.
> >
> > Would anybody around be able to help, at least by advise? I at the
> > moment can not afford to pay much, I prefer not to pay at all. Though I
> > could possibly offer in return some Linux support... or web development
> > support, servers administration, etc...
> >
> > The pain is stronger than usual since I had a chance to use a powerfull
> > machine for almost two last years... But it was not mine and must return
> > it...
>
> I got
>     - Soyo 6BE, P2/350, PC100 rams, Maxtor harddisk, cd-rom, floppy,
>       video, lan, sound, generic mini ATX case (power supply on top of
>       motherboard).
> I'll trade for DVD-ROM.

William,

   I was about to buy a new computer and pass my Pentium II/350 to my mom.  I drive past a computer store every morning (Steeles, just east of Highway_400) that sells second hand Pentium_IIs for $79.  What's the point?

   I got her a Pentium_III/733 with 256MB RAM and a 40GB hard drive for about $130.  Something very bad happened to the Windows_98 installed on it.  I think we should all support Microsoft's efforts to eliminate pirate copies of their operating system, don't you?

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org