TLUG and government grants

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 4 02:55:11 UTC 2005

William Park wrote:

> I have no idea.  That's why I said "those with more vested interest".
> :-)  You really have to know the ins/outs of Gov grants.  You don't care
> about computers.  You care only about Gov grants.  The computers are
> just pretext.

That's what I thought.

>>Does Toronto dispose of the computers in landfills, here or south?
>>Or ship them to China for recycling?
>

> Now, that's racist statement, Meng.  Why on earth do they don't with our
> old junk, when all the new hardwares are now made in China?

I didn't mean to racist but China is the dumping ground for computer
waste. Google for "recycling computers china" and the 1st hit is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/world/2002/disposable_planet/waste/chinese_workshop/default.stm
I apologize for the phrasing but what I want to know is what does the
City of Toronto do with the computers?
If these organizations claim that they are saving tonnes of toxic waste
from landfills, then where are and who owns/operates those landfills?

Meng