TLUG and government grants

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 4 00:55:31 UTC 2005

William Park wrote:
> Today's Toronto Star has an article about computer recycling project
> which got $200k from Ontario Trillium foundation.
>
> Recent threads on "recycling" and "geek gift", gives all of us some food
> for thought.  For those of you who have more vested interested in this
> kind of things, perhaps, you may want to start something under GTALUG
> Inc.  You have my support at the board. :-)

I'm curious. How does this work?
What do they do with the stuff they cannot re-use?

The Toronto Solid Waste Drop-off Depots accept old computers too.
What does the City of Toronto do with the old computers?

 From the article in The Star, since August 2004, they have diverted 10
tonnes from the landfills and given out 50 computers.

Does Toronto dispose of the computers in landfills, here or south?
Or ship them to China for recycling?

Meng