Best Laptop for Linux

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 31 16:49:06 UTC 2005

On August 31, 2005 02:20 am, Muhammad Imran wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am buying a Laptop for Linux. If anybody bought a laptop recently that
> works fine with Linux (without lot of trouble), please let me know which
> one. I am thinking to buy Dell Inspiron 6000 or Sony VAIO FS645PH. has
> anybody tried linux on these?
> any thoughts....
> thanks guys.

I just bought, and am in the middle of installing Ubuntu / Kubuntu on an Acer
Travelmate 4400.

AMD Turion Mobile 64 CPU

http://acer.ca/acerpanam/page4.do?dau22.oid=10353&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=27&CountryISOCtxParam=CA&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=3492506094

All the information I found around the net said it works well.

Will post my final thoughts on how it went later this afternoon.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca