external modem for laptop

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 31 15:11:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 10:15:19AM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I need to pick up two external modems for two Linux laptops. Does anyone
> have any recommendations on who in Toronto has something that would work for
> me? I've tried calling around, but I'm finding it near impossible to get
> someone on the phone who even knows what's in stock, let alone whether or
> not it will work for me.

Well Signa.com seems to list GVC and USR external modems for $110 to
$150 range.  I doubt they stock them, but it often doesn't take stores
long to get things in.

Best buy lists this one from Creative for $100:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10018903&catid=

Lennart Sorensen