Storage solutions

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 31 14:07:15 UTC 2005

Sy wrote:

> I should note that I don't like the idea of using a cvs-style or is
> the term "staged backup" (i.e. back up changes into new archives)
> setup.  I like having a complete backup via rsync.  Maybe I should
> change my mind on this?

I've been using rdiff-backup for over a year.  It combines rsync with
diff storage, so I can retrieve a backup from any point in time.
Periodically I prune the backup filesystem with options like
--remove-older-than 30D.

I like it a lot, bandwidth and diskspace efficient since both transfer
and storage are done using diffs.

--
Fraser