FC4: Ways to use PalmPilot

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 31 03:50:02 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org <pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Now, emboldened, I would like to know if there are any Linux
> applications, similar to the Palm Desktop that can be used to add
> updates to things like the Date Book and the To-Do list?
>
> Any suggestions? I would even accept suggestions on the level of
> using vi, emacs, or whatnot. The problem is that the To-Do list and
> the Datebook appear to have some kind of special format (upon
> checking it with 'less') that would make it seem that vi/emacs is not
> the way to go, except to add ascii files.

Hi.

I have used both Evolution, and KPilot (the KDE sync program). Both are
pretty good, but both also have their issues.

Right now, I'm using the KPilot program from KDE 3.4, and it seems to work
well. It will sync pretty much everything, but it only syncs it into e KDE
PIM (Kontact), and it's components (KAddressbook, KOrganizer, etc.)

If you're looking for something exactly like the Palm desktop, look no
further than JPilot.

pm

--
Paul Mora