Installfest thoughts

echin edward.chin-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 30 10:42:04 UTC 2005

Colin McGregor wrote:

> Other concerns, who speaks for GTALUG?

Excellent question!

The simple answer is the Board of Directors, their designated representatives,
and/or responsible employees. (No, we don't have employees - we are still a
volunteer driven group!)

However, this question does lead us to the important issue of how our voices may
be heard. As most of us now know, GTAlug is an incorporated non-profit
organization chartered in the province of Ontario and bound by the laws
gouverning that province. Well, Good News!

This September, at the regular meeting, we will be holding our first Annual
General Meeting (AGM) to elect the Board of Directors. Details from the Election
Committee should be forthcoming to the voting members, soon.

Now is the time, for everyone interested, to become a voting member and to run
for office.(You aren't really required to run for office.) Parties interested
will be able to join up until the call for elections.
The annual Membership fee is: $20 Voting;  $10 Student
A special Membership Offering this year will enable those joining now to be
eligible to vote/run in two elections as all memberships expire in September.

We encourage everyone to come, be heard, to run, to participate and contribute
to making our group an example for the Linux community. We would especially like
to have those with some accounting or legal experience to join us.

Thanks for the question, Colin!