Mandrake/Mandriva dependancy handeling...

Clive DaSilva cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 29 19:46:23 UTC 2005

Hello

Uprmi in my experience does this, warns of dependency issues, and at
least indicates
indicates what additional files are required. Also the Mandrake Control
Centre in the install or update section , ads to the list of files that
you download to install, files needed from a dependency perspective.

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 12:44 -0400, Lance F. Squire wrote:

> My Wife is running a Mandriva desktop, and is trying to install a
> program she downloaded.
>
> The program is having dependency issues. Is there a program on Mandriva
> that will sort this out for her?
>
> I usually use YUM or Apt-Get on my FC4 systems to avoid this, but was
> unable to locate such for Mandrake in the past...
>
> Lance F. Squire
>
> P.S.
>
> Don't even think of suggesting she change to a different Linux.

Clive DaSilva
Tel:  416-421-2480
Cell: 416-560-8820

Mandrake Linux 10.1 Kernel 2.6.8.1.10mdk