Pathcom Tech Supports Linux

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 26 19:29:13 UTC 2005

I just got off the phone with the tech help support line at Pathway
Communications, our family ISP. In the past, I've always worked from a
Windows machine to sort out technical problems, but this time the tech guy
was quite happy to work with Linux, and we tracked down the problem - a
software issue at my end. He was also unfazed by the presence of the
Linksys router.

The fact that Pathway will troubleshoot linux connections might be a
consideration for anyone setting up non-technical friends and family on a
linux-based machine.

Peter