The best OS to deal with Flash Cards

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 01:15:20 UTC 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:13:14 -0400
Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> what is would be the best OS + the best filesystem to deal with flash cards?
>
> I see a lot of linux resources on the web...
>
> Thanks

Marc,

   I am using VFAT filesystems on my flash card because I access the thing on my Microsoft XP PC at work.  All the files on the flash card are interpreted by Linux as executable, which make it somewhat inconvenient to transfer things back and forth between flash to hard drive.

   If only XP understood ext3.  Or would that make ext3 evil.  :(

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org