Microsoft hardware, wasOT - Is this computer for real? (CORRECTION)

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 23:20:03 UTC 2005

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 03:24:20PM -0400, Igor
> Denisov wrote:
> > I use a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse and
> keyboard, with most of the
> > hotkeys enabled (like the volume control dial,
> awesome :-) by Lineak.
> >
> > That said, I've seen Microsoft optical mice sold
> for under 10 bucks in
> > regular retail stores and that's what connected to
> my other box...
>
> I can buy logitech optical mice for $10 to $13 each,
> so why not get
> that?

Because if you hit the right sale you can get a
Microsoft wireless optical mouse for $10 (ok, so I've
stuffed the mouse with a pair of AA rechargeable
lithium batteries (leftovers from another project),
which in a sense should be added in to the cost,
still...). I have not yet figured out how to make the
side-to-side thing with the wheel work, but one
problem at a time :-) .

Colin McGregor