MTAs ISPs and Virtual Domains

teddy mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 20:58:00 UTC 2005

Well in the past I have installed a qmail server(from qmailrocks.org)
with all the bells
and whistles and it worked with virtual domains easily.

Well I tried installing a similar Postfix  server that could handle
virtual domains,
squirrelmail, dovecot, saslauth, postfixadmin.  Well everything does
seem to work,
but the virtual domains does not.  Only users known locally to the
system get authenticated.

Now I am looking at getting virtual domains working in postfix, and it
is starting to get complex.

I would try EXIM, but methinks I had better return to the MTA I know
best and that I know
how to make it work with virtual domains.

No. I refuse to use SendMail. (that .cf file is scary)

Back to qmail!