OT - Is this computer for real? (CORRECTION)

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 19:13:00 UTC 2005

I have a keepsake of my late mother: a computer card storage box.  It's a very
fine box, made of wood with middle-lapped joints, stained, and with the logo
of the computer company embossed on the front, right above the brass label
holder.  (I still use it for the purpose my mother did: a recipe card
holder.)

The computer company?  Remington-Rand.  She stopped working when she became
pregnant with her first child, back in 1950/1951.

On August 24, 2005 13:58, Sy wrote:
> On 8/24/05, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Taavi Burns wrote:
> > > I keep the manuals for Microsoft C 5.1 lying around for a similar
> > > purpose: as proof that at one time there was IBM OS/2 and MS OS/2. :)
> > > (then MS ditched OS/2 and went with Windows, a shell on top of DOS)
> >
> > Somewhere around here, I've got a set of MS C compiler for OS/2 floppies.
>
> Keep this up, and someone's going to bring up that they have a stack
> of punched cards with something strange coded into them.  =)

there's no place like 127.0.0.1