OT - Is this computer for real? (CORRECTION)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 13:33:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:04:06PM -0400, pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The URL below has been corrected. Sorry about the confusion.
>
> Check out the computer shown on some graphics I found at:
>      http://alimentarus.net/ComputerGiqueChic (my web site)
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew if this computer was for real (namely
> the keyboard and monitor) and who makes it? The keyboard and monitor
> are see-through glass. If such a thing exists, is the monitor
> actually in color? Is the monitor any good (fast)?
>
> Curious. I just saw some pictures of these and wondered about it. I
> understand that they can make see-through LCD clocks nowadays, but
> you don't expect or need fast components in household clocks.

My guess is that no it isn't for real.  Looks like something hollywood
would dream up though.  The keyboard certainly appears to have no feed
back at all, and no current LCD technology I have heard off can make a
screen that think yet (and they all require backlights to be useful at
the moment, which whatever that one is, doesn't have).

Looks neat though.  Maybe someday we can have something like that.

Lennart Sorensen