Power Failure, Maybe?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 23 23:37:40 UTC 2005

Christopher Browne wrote:
>>Have you tried unplugging the power from the PSU and letting the whole
>>thing sit for a bit? then turn it on?
>
> Yup, for the better part of a day.

If my computer was on when a power failure occurs I also find that after
the power is restored that nothing happens when I push the power switch.
What I find I need to do is to turn the switch on the back of the power
supply to off, wait a moment or two for good measure, then turn it on
again. After I do that, the power switch on the front works once again
allowing me to turn on the computer in the usual way.