xmms has stopped working after a reinstall

Tue Aug 23 13:25:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:10:04PM -0400, Igor Denisov wrote:
>>xmms just cycles through the playlist at
>> an incredible speed, and makes no output.
>
>Does xmms play individual mp3 files fine?
>
>I've experienced and solved this problem with playlists (both .m3u and
>.pls) in xmms
>Try to open the same playlist in juk (or some other jukebox-type app)
>and copy and resave the list.
>Hope this works for you.

Aha!  I didn't think to check this, but you have found the source of my
difficulties.  I regenerated my playlists and all is well.  The
suggestion to look into my output plugin is a good one as well, but not
relevant in this case.  Last time I had xmms trouble though, it was
output plugin issues.
--

yours,

William