Indigo cutting back Linux magazines?

Sy sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 23 04:56:56 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey, it might make sense for LinuxCaffe to put in a bookshelf or two
> with this in mind...  Prices will have to be premium due to lower
> quantities, but that's a way to get the specialized books.

What would win me over is their website having detailed reviews of
books which are for sale at the cafe.

Or.. user groups (e.g. four friends) can sign up to O'Reilly and get
free books (on any topic), if they review them.  Those books could be
turned around and stamped/donated to a cafe library of sorts:  I'm
thinking.. any stamped book purchased for $20, refunded if returned
(in good condition).

You could borrow a book for $20 down and read it in-cafe.  Return it
when you go.

This concept creates a network of recommendations and extends (and
embraces!) knowledge.