broken x install

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 19 18:27:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:19:40PM -0400, Oliver Meyn wrote:
> I managed to break an x install on debian by doing it piece-meal and now
> xterm.  If I type "startkde" in there everything starts as it should and
> away I go.  What I can't find is what to change so that startkde is
> automatically called after login.  Any pointers?  This is debian
> unstable on x86.

Well debian unstable has (at least as far as I can tell) some library
breakage still happening, and kde seems to be one of the big victims of
it (being c++ based after all).

So maybe it will fix itself, maybe you need to apt-get install kde, or
maybe you have to make sure your session type is actually selected as
kde when you login from kdm.

Lennart Sorensen