Setting up a network and sharing internet

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 19 18:23:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 12:35:00PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> With TCP, you've always got some data going in the reverse direction, so
> if you're using FDUX, you can improve throughput.

Well you have an acknowledgement after your receive something.  If you
use a large transfer window with delayed ack, then you have even less
but it would often be very little.

I prefer full duplex, given there really is no reason not to use it when
it is an option.

Most transfers seem to be rather asymetric, so full duplex is probably
less important to speed than most people believe.

Lennart Sorensen