fstab entry to mount ext3 rw for all users?

dan sinclair zero-zgL5Owk5LsjZLAS6AT9qEw at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 18 15:14:48 UTC 2005

> Hi,
>
> What is the proper fstab entry in order to mount an ext3 partition at
> boot-time with full rights (rw) for any/all users? I tried a bunch of
> different things still get a permissions error when I try to copy a file to
> this partition as a regular user.
>
> Also, what does "suid" mean? Should I be mounting "suid" or "nosuid"?

This sounds more like an issue with your directory permissions then with the fstab. The fstab entry would look something like:
/dev/hda1    /foo    ext3   noatime   0 0

But, as I said, once you have the filesystem mounted take a look at the permissions you have set on the directory. Make sure they are liberal enough for all users to read/write to the filesystem.

dan