Convert FAT32 to ext3?

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 16 21:08:33 UTC 2005

Nice idea, but FAT32 does not indicate file placement information!

After deleting files it may well be that a file still occupies space at the
physical end of the partition...
Only a defrag job would move files to the beginning, adding to the time of
the whole process.

  François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>