Looking for ISP, again

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 15 16:25:22 UTC 2005

 On 8/11/05, Marcus Brubaker <marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>I've been using Rogers cable internet service for 4 or
>5 years now and while it's not perfect and their staff are (with some
>notable exceptions) remarkably stupid, I can't really complain too much.

While a few of the "help" desk staff, while I've talked to are OK,
others are somewhat numb between the ears.  Prior to running Linux, I
used OS/2 exclusively.  It was always "fun" when the help desk person
started with "click on the start button" and couldn't understand that
OS/2 didn't have one.  ;-)

Recently, I had a problem accessing the news server.  One of the people
I was talking to insisted that I reboot my modem, to see if that would
fix the problem.  He actually seemed to believe that even when
everything else was working fine, a modem could cause nntp problems!

Another issue is they seem to think Linux comes with Outlook Express and
Internet Explorer.  Even after I've told them I'm running Linux, they
tend to want me to check the settings for those apps.  ;-)