Power Consumption

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 15 05:11:36 UTC 2005

The math I just did, correct me if I'm wrong, is 2 Amp * 120 Volt *24
Hour * 30 Day / 1000 = 172 KW/H * 4.3 C = $7.43.
2 Amps is what an IBM / Dell / HP 1U dual cpu dual ultra scsi server
pulls. (I measured last month for UPS sizing)

If you are cooling it in a server room double the cost, 'cause almost
all of that electricity is producing heat.

-Joseph-