Power Consumption

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 15 02:54:40 UTC 2005

James Knott wrote:

> That will determine the maximum they're likely to draw.  Also, many
> devices are rated in volt amps, not watts, and not so easy (without
> knowing power factor) to convert into actual watts that you're paying

A Kill-A-Watt meter (terrible name, well-designed product:
<http://www.p3international.com/products/special/P4400/P4400-CE.html>)
will show you power usage and power factor.

Electricity is so absurdly cheap here that you'd basically have to be
smelting aluminium in the basement to notice the cost. It'll be a while
before we're paying the 25¢ I used to pay ...

cheers,
  Stewart