Power Consumption

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 15 01:05:32 UTC 2005

Keep in mind that switching power supplies are not 100% efficient. They
tend to be most efficient at around 75% of their maximum draw (225w draw
on a 300w PSU). Even at that they tend to be 65% efficient (though the
quality of your PSU could vary this a lot). Sooo... If even if you have
peak efficiency drawing 225w with 65% efficiency you will be pulling
roughly 300+w (someone correct me if my math is wrong).

The concept is there though, a 300w PSU draws more than 300w from the
mains at 100% load.

Madison