Computer bookstores in GTA

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 14 19:23:10 UTC 2005

pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
 > [...]
> To be fair, paper probably contains less than 1% radioactive carbon
> which will probably emit the odd alpha or beta particle which is
> 0.0000000000001% likely to cause leukemia or skin cancer. :-)

A good point.

Unfortunately, we do not really know how harmfull is using computers,
especially for people like most of us on this list. Simply, there is no
data on that, as far as I am aware of. But I have no doubts that sitting
behind the monitor almost all the time is probably like to be exposed to
X-rays at least a few times during the year. These using laptops are
more lucky. Not mentioning demage that computer usage does to our
psychic and interpersonal relations with these who do not care much
about computers or the Internet...

zb.

P.s.: I am reading a lot of books but when going to my work, on subway
or busses. These though are not technical books ;) When I am at home, I
use the Internet only. rense.com (funny? - no!). Even Google News
section (silly). rense.com is a good starting point for finding out
other outstanding sources of alternative, non-corporately controlled
information. Though they are a bit too leftist as for me, while I am
looking for the truth.