Install Fest update.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 13 13:27:51 UTC 2005

Took Friday off as a vacation day from the office in
order to do some prep. work for the Install Fest.

In order to be allowed to post things on Centennial
bulletin boards you must have approval from the
college and the student association (with any signs
having a student association stamp on them). The
approval of the college I got via a few phone calls
and sending a fax. For the student association I had
to go to the Progress Campus (yes the Install Fest
will be at the Centennial HP Science and Technology
Centre campus, but the only student association office
that approves signs is at the Progress campus). The
student association office at Progress is to be closed
all next week so I had to at least get that part done
before end of business yesterday. In getting the
approval from student association I heard the rules:

 - No more than 3 signs per campus
 - All signs must have the student association stamp
 - Can only post on designated boards
 - Signs must be posted with tacks/push pins

Got 12 signs stamped (Centennial has 4 campuses), and
before I left the Progress campus I got 3 in place.

After getting the approval of the folks at the
Progress Campus I went over the Centennial HP Science
and Technology Centre. I did briefly meet with Ralph
Harington who has been doing a fair bit of the grunt
work associated with the Centennial side of the
Install Fest. Ralph offered to post signs for me, so I
left him with 3 signs. I also took a few images of the
room where the Install Fest is to happen.

After that I went to the Ashtonbee Campus which turned
into a wast of time as nobody there seemed to know
where the appropriate boards were that I could post
the signs. I have not yet made it to the campus on
Carlaw.

After the above "fun" I went down to the PC clone
dealers along College where I went looking for an
expansion card for my desktop PC and to spread the
unstamped signs I had. All told 44 fliers went out
yesterday.

Tasks still to be dealt with:

- Put more fliers out at Centennial, and computer
  shops.
- Get people who can do Centennial similar leg work at
  the other educational institutions (UofT, Seneca,
  Humber, York, Ryerson, George Brown, etc.).
- See what notice we can get in the print media
("Now",
  "Eye", etc.)
- Double check release form with lawyer (I have
  e-mailed a lawyer I know, but not yet heard back).
- Print "N" copies of release form once approved by
  lawyer.
- Attract and co-ordinate more volunteer installers.

Colin McGregor