Cheap/inexpensive (free?) images

Sy sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 12 20:12:25 UTC 2005

Until I get back home and can paste my link collections for this
topic, I'll recommend you check out the mediawiki commons:

http://commons.wikimedia.org

Also keep in mind that the pictures in the wikipedia are either GPL or
(and becoming more commonly) are released into the public domain.

http://en.wikipedia.org

Neither of these are what I would consider a complete resources, so I
did go looking for others when I wanted to spruce up my own website.
I'll report back with more this evening.

Also, do some searches for clipart or cartoons or other such
non-photographic pictures and you may find some nice archives of them.

Personally, I tend to like cartoon or clipart type images for a
website.. but photographs, especially when edited, can come out
looking fantastic.  I hacked up a cool barbed wire fence photograph I
found on the wikimedia commons to make my website logo.