Cheap/inexpensive (free?) images

pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 12 18:39:14 UTC 2005

At Compubooks (3595 St. Clair Avenue near the corner of St. Clair and
Kennedy in Scarborough) they are trying to get rid of a book full of
royalty-free graphics (with CD), which you can make use of. I almost
bought it, but I am not running a commercial website where graphics
have to be an issue, so I decided not to use it. I forget the title.
Sorry. However, the salesperson there is pretty knowledgeable.

As far as el-cheapo bookstores are concerned, I believe Compubooks of
Scarborough is the last one in existence in the Greater Toronto Area.
Last month, PC Maniak bit the dust. They say it is due to publishers
selling to Amazon, Chapters and the like at a rate that undercuts
independent doscount booksellers such as Compubooks.

Their real name is "Compubooks.com", but as far as I can tell there
is no registered domain by that name. But I've been to their brick-
and-mortar location many times. On Saturdays, they have sales of many
and sundry items of computer hardware in the room next door.