Phone line static influencing DSL quality

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 10 13:15:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 07:50:00PM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Where I lived before, the person below me would get twice the speed I got and
> they told me I could get connected with a bad line to a further located CO
> even if we were living in the same house... What can a customer answer to
> that?

Does the customer ever really know where the phone line goes physically
once it leaves their house?

I sure don't have a clue, other than I imagine it usually goes to the
nearest CO, although it may not always.

At my previous job, we had ADSL and it worked great.  We could see the
local CO out the window (it was about 100m down the road).  No problems
with ADSL ever (other than the day the original ADSL modem died).

Lennart Sorensen