OT: Hardware troubleshooting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 10 13:13:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 05:21:53PM -0400, Francois Ouellette wrote:
> So, what does that statement mean exactly :-)

If a power supply is made by a company named 'SuperPower Inc' and I have
never heard of them before, I consider it a no name power supply.  If it
says 'Antec' and I have heard about them and only good things, then I
consider it a nice name brand power supply I would consider buying.

> Waste of money!
> I'd rather buy two at $25 and keep one as a spare! And spend the other $50
> on memory...

I would rather not have the cheap crap destroy my expensive hardware or
cause odd crashes and reboots (I have seen cheap power supplies do
that).  My time is worth something to me, and I don't want fried HDs or
CPUs or motherboards due to cheap power supplies.

Lennart Sorensen