Phone line static influencing DSL quality

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 9 15:34:13 UTC 2005

I may as well bring this up.  Has anyone else experienced severe line
noise influencing a DSL connection?

This is the case with me, and I've escalated the problem a few times
and even had an ill-equipped and misinformed tech drop by
(unannounced).

I have repairs semi-arranged.. but I wanted to know if, aside from the
obvious, there were any system / firewall settings or the like which
might make my experience a little better.

Running Sympatico regular DSL on a Bell line.  I've done the obvious
stuff with the handset/wiring and whatnot.  At this point it's all in
the preferences for my own setup I figure.

I exchanged my modem for another one which seems to be much more
aggressive with reconnecting during downtime.  I occasionally stay
connected but lose any actual use of the connection.  Sometimes I drop
out completely for a while.. sometimes there is lag which would make a
gamer gnaw their own arm off.