Looking for ISP, again

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 9 15:28:56 UTC 2005

On 8/8/05, Ian Zimmerman <nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Note: You may be required to have your Windows 95/98/NT 4.0 CD to
> install Look UltraFast Wireless. We cannot guarantee that the service
> will work with all types of computers.
> <<
>
> I don't have a Windows system at all.  People here using Look, have
> you been able
> to install it without Windows?

Yes.  In fact even when I was using windows XP years back and I called
in for troubleshooting on it, the tech said "phew, you have windows
xp.. we don't even need that setup disk because it supports pppoe
directly".  (btw, it turned out they just didn't set the account up
right)

Later efforts with just Linux have worked just fine..

I'd be using Look right now, but I've got disgusting line noise issues
and Bell's gotta make repairs.. I figure staying with Sympatico would
be a good idea to push that along.  ;)