experiences with openssh automation

interlug-list interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 9 13:10:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 18:32, Mike Kallies wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've been doing some work with OpenSSH for automation with Linux Redhat,
> and it seems time and time again I encounter problems where OpenSSH does
> not allow for graceful failure.

Have you considered cfengine?

from http://www.cfengine.org/
                             About Cfengine
Cfengine, or the configuration engine (
http://www.cfengine.org/cfdetails.html ) is an autonomous agent (
http://www.cfengine.org/daystrom.html ) and a middle to high level
policy language and agent for building expert systems to administrate
and configure large computer networks. Cfengine is designed to be a part
of a computer immune system. (
http://www.iu.hio.no/~mark/research/immune ) It is ideal for cluster
management and has been adopted for use all over the world in small and
huge organizations alike.